Friday, February 17, 2006

TFI Friday!

Just to cheer you lot up some more here is a sneaky picture of my actual office at work. Andrew is modelling his desk at work with my desk just behind his. The doors behind the desks are blocked now as this large room used to be a series of smaller offices. There are twice as many fluorescent lights than there need to be though. The corridor in the previous entries runs along the left of this room.

They appear to have a general policy of donuts or a big cake for Friday afternoon. Ho hum, all the effort I make to get into shape and now it looks like I'm going to do my best to ruin it with regular cakes at work and eating out all the time!
Must try hard to resist the Friday donut sessions.

Finally signed contracts with the estate agent and also picked up the keys to the apartment. I popped round to the place to get a good look at it and go through the inventory.

Here's a shot of the living room just as you enter the front door. You can see the steps going up to the upstairs hallway, bedroom, box room and bathroom. The place has two air conditioning units, that'll be good for my electric bill.

The second shot here is of the north facing double height floor to ceiling windows. I think I'm going to spend lots of time sitting on the floor looking down at the people walking by while reading and listening to music.

You can just see a tower block on the left of the window. This was the tower block that had the tenth and twenty first apartments that I almost went for but were more expensive. The more I look at the space of this flat the happier I am that I went for it. It must be at least half as big as the other two flats. It doesn't have a balcony or opera house view though. But at least no other blocks are near it so no one can easily look into it.

Lots of cleaning and organising to do tomorrow, I'm getting all excited just thinking about the prospect of it. :-)

Those who know me know that the last comment was also semi serious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of us who know you are fully aware that you will have been sitting at work dreaming of dusters, mops, polish and vacuuum cleaners all day.

Anonymous said...

i am surprised you haven't asked me to send on your dyson, seeing as you can't get one out there!!!

Anonymous said...

No one's made a mess and he wants to clean it.... nuff sed?!

Anonymous said...

I hear Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help with that sort of thing ;-p