Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm alive!

Hello everyone, I'm back online at my apartment. I was back online yesterday but haven't had time to update the blog. I'll only have time for a quick update today and will hopefully have some more time at home tomorrow to do a more comprehensive update.

It's mostly been a couple of weeks of work and discovering more about Sydney.

Last Tuesday (21st) we went out to a popular steak house in Manley. It's a half hour ferry ride away from Circular Quay which is only five minutes walk from my apartment.

The place was like a time warp back in time. It was very weird for me, the decor couldn't decide between African art to aboriginal to some cross between an Aberdeen Steakhouse. The menu also had a separate section for the ladies with a selection of smaller meals. Well I must admit the steak was actually very good, but I'm not so sure that I'd really want to go there again.

One thing that was entertaining was one of the lead waitresses that worked there. She quite obviously had large fake breasts and had spent much too long in the sun. I just managed to get a phone photo of her here. We figured that she much have part ownership of the place as she acted as if she was in charge anyhow.

The journey back from Manley on the ferry was very pleasant though. There was a cooling breeze in the night air and you could see the entire Sydney Central Business district lit up in the night sky. I even managed to get a half decent picture of the Opera House which was amazingly lit up at night.

I guess it makes me realise how lucky I am to be able to be out here for a year to work.

No comments: