Thursday, March 02, 2006

Firemen and being Lost.

We had a fire evacuation last week at work. It wasn't a drill either, I'm guessing someone must have set off a fire alarm. At first the fire alarm sounded and everyone looked around to see what to do. Unfortunately the fire warden on our floor hadn't got into work yet as it was only 8.30am.

Eventually someone decided to make the decision to head downstairs. Fortunately we're only on the fifth floor so didn't have that far to go, but the building does have 24 odd floors so I'm glad that we don't work up there.

Here's a picture of Tom, who's heading back to the UK today. As usual for WS staff he's still working away on his Blackberry while we wait outside the Town Hall for permission to re-enter work.

There were fire engines and one helicopter outside the building. Not sure whether the helicopter was just the press or something more official. It was all a false alarm in the end anyhow.

Another good thing about being out here is that the second series of Lost is just starting on TV, though it does mean that I have to be in on Thursday nights to watch it. I'm undecided whether this series is actually any good. It is very interesting to watch, but I'm not sure whether it'll live up to the expectations that it's set for itself. I just know that it'll end with me going "Is that it!". Never mind I'm quite hooked now so I'll just have to go along for the ride.

No comments: