Sunday, March 05, 2006

Arty farty sunday without cash.

I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art today as my bank decided to block my card from taking any cash out, so I had to ration my cash. For some reason despite me telling my bank last month that I would be living in Sydney for the next year and to NOT block any transactions made in Sydney for the next year, they still decided that my transactions in Sydney were suspicious so blocked my card today.

I had to wait till 6pm (7am UK time) as well before I could unblock my card as their 24 hour banking service was down over the weekend as well. When I did get though and ask why they blocked my card despite a note on my account saying not to block transactions in Australia, the bloke on the other end could only say that the process is all automated so they couldn't stop it. Grr!

The gallery wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It's only just a couple of blocks away from my flat so is quite convenient to walk to. Only half the floor space was available as they were in the process of changing over exhibitions. Still it was a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon in a cool large quiet gallery space.

I also did a little skating around the ground floor of my apartment block. There is a really tall office building that is unoccupied next to it. The lower floor has a good concrete area to whiz around in. Unfortunately all the benches and concrete ledges have anti-skate
blocks on them to stop grinds and the like along them. Still it was nice to cool down and skate around the flat surface.

Maybe next weekend I'll be able to pop down to the National Marine museum, Sydney Aquarium, or even the Powerhouse museum which has a Kylie clothes exhibition on! I doubt I'd fit into her clothes though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: Kylies clothes. Can you take plenty of pictures please. Massive cash reward for a pair of her knickers too.