Sunday, January 29, 2006

One Day To Go.

Less than twenty four hours to go before I'm on the flight to Hong Kong now!

Had a long leaving lunch at work on Friday which went on for well over three hours down the pub, not that I'm complaining you realise.

Yesterday was very sad to have to say goodbye to some of my work friends. Still at least I'll be in contact with them for most of the week over email, if not over a regular web conference once a week for a progress report.

Had my last gym session at my local gym in Bristol today, still there are five gyms from the same company in Sydney so I'll only miss the regulars at my local gym and not the regular workouts there.

Also had my last hair cut with Mark my hair dresser. He appeared to be sadder than me to see me going away.


This is my S2000 which I cleaned (I can be obsessive with keeping things clean!) for the last time before packing it away. This is one of my toys which I'll really miss. Had a final thrash around Bristol this morning. Managed to get it sideways in some damp road which really put a big smile on my face as I caught the rear slipping out before it could spin around into the nearest hedge, which has almost happened to me when I had an MX-5 before this car.


Finally put all my plants in my house in one room and packed up most of my baggage.

Frankly I was amazed at how many plants I have. It was 14 plants around my house and putting them all in one room makes it look like a tropical hot house! The spiders are going to love this room when they get used to not having me around.

Final packing tomorrow morning and then off to the Airport via my sisters house.

Doubt I'll get many hours sleep tonight.

Looking forward to seeing my parents and the adventure that lies ahead but it will also be sad to leave England.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha You comedian Will, obsessive about cleaning, nice one. I don't think I've yet to meet a bigger slob and don't fool anyone with that picture of the S2000, thats straight off the web that is! Go on, tell everyone in the world about your real car, the Skoda Favorit 1.1L. Its green!

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage!

William Man said...

Are you still trying to be funny Davey? I'm very glad that you do have a day job that helps support your family.