Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dodgy Ankle.

After three weeks I still have a dodgy ankle. :-(

I've done my best to rest it as much as I can and it did feel quite good at the end of last week. So good that I went to the gym on Friday, only for a gentle work out, no cardio exercise.

On Sunday I went for a brief twenty-mile bike ride. I stayed on the tarmac and just explored bits of Bristol. My leg still felt generally fine after this.

However, on Monday evening it started to swell up again around my ankle. I decided to give the gym a miss on Tuesday morning and rest it, but during the day the swelling didn't go down at all so I decided to visit the doctors for a second opinion on Wednesday.

After seeing the doc today all he said was that my tendons around my ankle were badly damaged and they would take a while to heal fully, anything up to two months!

I'm still hoping that it will be much better by the end of this month as I plan to do a lot of cycling in July.

No comments: