Friday, June 09, 2006

We're going on a summer holiday, to England!

I have two weeks away from Sydney now, one week to work back in Wallingford and one week of holiday. I'm quite excited about coming back and especially looking forward to catching up with some friends back there. The better British weather will also make a nice change as it's been quite cool in Sydders and raining lots, more is expected next week.

Well I'm all packed now and ready to set off to the airport and just thought to catch up on the web blog before going. You can see my rather full ruck sack on the right with a kangaroo that I've managed to catch and stuff into my bag. You can just about make out it's black eye. I swear that it's over half full with presents for other people rather than my clothes. It has made me realise that I will have lots of stuff to bring back in another seven months time or so.

I'm not looking forward to my 22 hour flight and then two hour drive in the hire car back to Bristol. If I can survive that and the first few days of driving to work with all the jet lag then I'll be ok. Hmm, maybe I should take my snowboard to work every day so I could die happy knowing that it was near me. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hear England's a good place to come for a bit of winter sun at the moment.