Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Holiday in England Pt 2.

My final couple of days in the UK were spent at my sister's place.

The two little terrors you can see on the right are my two nieces, Elise and Aimee. Don't be fooled by their cute smiles, they are little devils underneath and know how to use their cuteness to get whatever they want from poor unsuspecting uncles.

I was roped into helping set up their school fete. I sometimes wonder what has happened to my Friday evenings as setting up a school fete wasn't quite what I had planned.

There was cheap beer at the fete, no doubt to help some of the parents get though the occasion!

Here's a picture of my sister Helen and brother in-law Aran trying to peddle their wares to some unsuspecting children.

I was surprised at how much profit they did make in selling raffle tickets to children at 50p a go with a very generous 50% chance of winning. They could have made even more money if they lowered the odds of winning, but I suspect that wasn't the point of the stall really. :-)


On my flight into Hong Kong on Sunday afternoon I managed to get some great shots of the city as we flew in. I'd never really noticed the great scenery on previous trips to Hong Kong, probably because I don't normally visit in the summer anymore and it's normally dark when landing because of this.

The weather there was quite unbearable though. Even though the heat was only 32 degrees, the humidity made it feel like we were living in an oven. I'm amazed that anyone would choose to live there really. As soon as you step outside you immediately get the feeling of heat and humidity and want to get back indoors for another shower!

I was quite happy to see my folks again, and my dad is generally doing fine now without anymore complications.

After only 24 hours in Hong Kong I'm back here in Sydders and updating this web blog. I had a really good time away from here and it was one of those holidays that I really didn't want to end which is always a good sign.

Oh well, back to planning snowboarding trips this winter here, and also more holidays in this land down under, oh and doing some work for Sydney Water too. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was nice to see you. Sounds like you had a great time on holiday, I'm pleased to hear.