Monday, August 11, 2008

A Pause for Breath - Pt 1.

Apologies for the lack of updates on my blog recently. I've been very busy and haven't been able to make the time. Still here we go...

I had to change all four of my car tyres a few weeks back. It almost cost me an arm and a leg. I was surprised to find out that a new tyre on my Alfa was considerably more expensive than each one on the S2000!

Unsurprisingly the tracking was out on the Alfa as well, despite it only being two years old. There has also been a bit of the centre roof console that came away from the ceiling. Fortunately it was easy to push back into place, even if it does pop out again occasionally.

Here's the underside of my car while the wheels were being aligned. I was surprised how smooth it was under the car.

I managed to get stung by a wasp while doing some pruning in my back garden. I was cutting back my rather large grass plant when I felt a very painful bite on my right ankle. I looked down to see a wasp on my ankle. I quickly brushed it off and looked up to see several more wasps ahead of me. After quickly backing off I decided to stop pruning the grass and move on to other parts of my garden. I guess there must be a wasps nest in the grass plant which I'll have to deal with eventually.

As it turned out I managed to do everything that I shouldn't do with my wasp sting. I didn't put any vinegar on the sting, which would help neutralise the poison. I also went to the gym the following morning, which I shouldn't have done as doing exercise with the sting only spreads the poison.

The ankle swelled up again and I initially had a few problems running on it as well. It felt like three weeks ago all over again! To this day I still have a lump on my ankle and it does still itch a bit too!

One weekend while up in Manchester, we went out for a walk around a reservoir in the Peak District. There were some great views but I did wish I had my mountain bike with me as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Dovestones Res?

Who did you go there with Will, can't believe you came all the way up here and didn't call in to see us.

I'm going to get some better friends.

William Man said...

:-)

Dave, you know that I was out with your wife Anne that day while you were at home with Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

Damn you Will Man, damn you to hell!