Monday, July 21, 2008

Beer Weekend.

I got together with some of my Oxford University mates last weekend for some beer, gaming and reminiscing about how better things were when we were students.

Greg starts to fill my beer fridge in the garage on Friday afternoon.

Jason took the train down to Bristol from London and called us for a lift from the station. Unfortunately by the time Jason had arrived at 7pm we had all had too much to drink to drive! We still walked around to the station to meet him though.

Friday night was spent mostly catching up and playing four player games of Halo two on two connected XBoxes. I had to bring down my computer monitor to the living room for a second screen to play on.

Friday night food with Dave, Phil, Jason and Greg.

Unfortunately Dave's daughter Jennifer who was in Portishead with his in-laws, had to be rushed to hospital as she was having convulsions brought on by chicken pox. So Dave left us at 7am on Saturday morning. She later made a full recovery and Dave came back on Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

I did have a game of squash booked for Saturday morning with Dave. After all it would be the only exercise that I would get over the weekend. Since I had already paid for the court I decided to go and have a knock around anyhow. As it turned out I quite enjoyed it and the time passed very quickly and I had a reasonable work out too.

XBox gaming on Friday night.
The rest of the weekend was spent drinking some more, playing card and computer games and eating much too much than we should have. A great if very different weekend from my recent activities.

Just don't ask! My dining room furniture is out in the garden.
A little higher Jason?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.