Thursday, April 24, 2008

Weston Super Mud and More Babies.

Last Wednesday we all went to Weston Super Mare to the beach. The weather was still good and it would be great for the kids to have a day at the beach.

The tide was very low once we got there, and the beach is very shallow. Not quite the white sandy beaches of Sydney but as good as it gets in the South West of England.

Aimee and Elise both had a donkey ride on the beach. Elise's donkey even managed a quick trot at the end as well. We all had a good time by the beach and even had fish and chips for lunch too. We did find a really nice restaurant where the food looked great but unfortunately it was fully packed, so we had to go to the place across the road. The food here wasn't so great, even Elise mentioned that the restaurant across the road looked much better.

Last weekend I took the chance to catch up with my friends up north. I went to see Anne, Dave and their daughter Jennifer on Friday night in Manchester. Here's Jen studying Dave's position in a game of ASL that we were playing.

On Saturday I went further north to Preston to see Claire, Jeff and their new arrival Bethany. She was only four weeks old when I saw her. Here she is in my arms, probably wondering whom this strange guy was holding her very tentatively.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see, you will go to Weston - just not with me. Grrr.

William Man said...

It wasn't that exciting. You couldn't even go swimming out there.

Stay in Sydney the beaches are much better.