Monday, March 03, 2008

Did you know...

That there are cars with more than two seats?

Well I found this out the other day, and I even went out and bought one today. I'm amazed that there are cars with such a big boot space as well. I was always under the impression that cars only had two seats, but this one has five! Now my mountain bike and snowboard can be moved around inside my car rather than on the outside. I can even stop riding my bike to Bath and back on Sunday mornings, as I can drive there and back with it now. :-)

I went to a car Supermarket (Motorhouse) to look at an Alfa Romeo 159 estate. It was a 200 mile round trip from Bristol. The car turned out to be a real lemon of a car. The interior had been stamped all over by kids, the bonnet didn't close properly and it had a dead flat battery. Even after connecting an external battery it still wouldn't start. All this from a car that was only 18 months old. Even worse was that Motorhouse wouldn't negotiate the price and offered me a rock bottom price for my car. I was quite disappointed with them and wouldn't go to one again for a car.

I eventually agreed a price on a 159 estate from Black & White near Newbury. They were all very helpful and gave me a good price for my car and the new car.

I think I'm going to miss my S2000, it has been the best car that I've ever owned. After three years of ownership there has never been anything to go wrong with it. I wonder if I'll be able to say the same of this new car? I'm convinced that when I drive it around the corner the wheels will fall off and the steering wheel come off in my hands. I'll have to get the RAC coverage where one of their vans follows you everywhere you go. I'm also going to have to take some lessons on reversing it as well, given that my cars for the past ten years have only had a small boot over my shoulder.

Mind you I do like the look of the 159, even for an estate.


Now how do I lower the top on this thing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ordered your driving slippers and pipe yet? If not, you can have some of my spares now you're part of the estate owners club.

p.s. Who was that gorgeous girl in the dress?

William Man said...

I think a pair of slippers and gloves come with the car.

Should I be looking at caravans next?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was sitting down for the news of your new vehicle......unbelievable......and disappointing too!

Jason said...

ah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Oooh.

Sorry.

Welcome to our world, Will.

You'll be needing leatherette driving gloves (brown) and Queen's greatest hits (on cassette - whatever one of those is) now as well.

:-)

Enjoy... reverse parking in a multistory car park is the best, btw. You get advanced driver bonus points if you do it without leaving your car's paint on:
a) another car
b) a concrete support pillar