Sunday, July 16, 2006

Nothing to see, just more cycling around Sydders.

It was raining quite a lot on Saturday so I figured I wouldn't get much of a chance to go cycling in the afternoon. An extra work out in the gym would just have to do for my exercise fix today. I certainly managed it by spending two and a half hours there. Working out that is, rather than hanging around like a bad smell.

I did get a chance to get out and about on my bike on Sunday afternoon though. There were a couple of scary clouds in the sky but nothing that looked like it was going to rain for too long. I still managed to get my gym work out in the morning just in case I couldn't get out in the afternoon as well.

The photo above is from Rushcutters Bay, it's the same place where we went for our charity boat race earlier on in the year. You can obviously see the Sydney Tower in the centre of the shot which marks the centre point of the Sydney shopping area.

It's great to think that just a few hundred yards from the busy streets of the town centre is a yachting harbour. In fact there are many many yachting harbours around the Sydney harbour as you can imagine.

I managed to make it out to Double Bay today which is the next bay further east along from Rushcutters Bay. I really wanted to go further along the harbour to the Seaplane base, but it was getting late by the time I got to Double bay. I'd managed to get lost so many times today which didn't help. I did buy a book on some bike rides around Sydney but it's difficult to follow when you're cycling around and you have to continually refer to the book for directions. I'd much rather just head one direction and see where the road takes me. This does however mean getting lost quite often but it's also much more interesting. I guess I have time here to explore more and more as time passes.

The second photo is from Mrs Macquaries Point and looking over Farm Cove to the Sydney business centre. I watched the sun slowly set from here as it's only a few minutes ride from my apartment. The picture makes me realise how much of a lovely city Sydney really is.

No comments: