Saturday, December 01, 2007

Geocaching with my neices.

I went to Farnham to see my Sister Helen and her family last weekend.

I guess both Aimee and Elise had recently had a new dance mat game because it was definitely flavour of the month.

Here's Aimee on the mat and the next picture is of Elise. They did eventually rope me into playing with the mat as well, fortunately for me they didn't think to take a photo of me as well. Aimee being the younger of my two nieces can't quite jump on all the pads on the dance mat so Elise has to help her out sometimes with two of the pads.

On Saturday evening we went to watch Elise sing with her school group on a stage set up in the Farnham town centre. It was on the evening that the Christmas lights were due to be turned on so there were plenty of people out Christmas shopping as well.

She looked very smartly dressed in her school uniform on the outdoor stage singing a few songs. Afterwards she said that she could see us in the crowds as well.

We also went to visit some of Aran's relatives who lived near by. When I was sitting there I started to think about the previous weekends mountain biking, and I thought that I couldn't be in any more of an opposite situation sat here. :-)

On Sunday morning we went out geocaching with a GPS device. I'm sure most of you have heard of geocaching as it's a craze which anyone with an internet connection and gps device can take part in. You look up a set of set waypoints online with an accompanying set of instructions as to where to go and what to look for. The instructions eventually lead to a hidden box which you can exchange gifts and fill out log.

The route that we took was only a very small one with a few puzzles that the kids could solve. Here's Aimee posing for the camera while Helen, Aran and Elise try to work out where to go next.

Once we finally found the hidden cache in a forest the kids had a big surprise as among other things it contained an electronic Sudoku game!

In exchange for the Sudoku game and a 3D ball bearing puzzle we dropped off a couple of travel bugs. A good exchange in my eyes!

Once we got back home Helen made a marvellous roast dinner for us all in the afternoon. The rest of the day was spent playing with the kids and helping out Elise with her English homework. Mind you I don't think that I was that much help as Helen pointed out some obvious mistakes that I hadn't noticed. :-)

Thank god for computers that's what I say.

No comments: