Sunday, November 04, 2007

NFL Sunday!

Last Sunday Phil, Dave, Jason (Uni mates) and I had tickets to see the first NFL American Football game outside of North America. The game was between the New York Giants and the Miami Dolphins. The Giants were strong favourites as the Dolphins hadn't won a game yet all season and were mid way though the season. We made a long weekend of it and Dave, Phil and I got together in MFK on Friday night, then went to meet Jason on Saturday in London stayed at his place till Monday.

We had lots of fun playing games and enjoying each others company all weekend. We even got to meet up with another friend of mine Steve, on Saturday night for beers and a curry. I always have lots of fun when I get together with my friends from University.

Here's Phil (left), Dave (Giving head lock) and Jason in our seats at Wembley.
Pre game warm up by the New York giants. True athletes as you can see in the middle.
And the Dolphins cheerleaders put on a good show. The game was classified as a Dolphins home game so their cheerleaders were around to support them.
The kickoff by the Giants.
And the cheerleaders started doing whatever they do.
The quarterback star of the Giants, Eli Manning about to throw a pass.
Cheerleaders keeping us entertained, as to be honest the game wasn't a good one.
The Dolphins Quarterback Cleo Lemon (and he was one today) taking a snap of the ball to start a play.
The game was very wet with a very muddy field, unfortunately the cheerleaders were obviously getting cold as they put on their jackets for the last quarter.
The teams line up for a Dolphins snap. It was raining quite hard for the second half of the game.

Overall it wasn't a very good game, but the stadium was packed out with over 81,000 fans and the atmosphere was very good. The Giants won 13-10. I screamed my lungs out and was well heard in our area of the stadium. Even though I didn't really support any of the teams playing as I'm a long term New England Patriots fan, it was great to actually see a regular season NFL game in Wembley.

I was happy at the end of the day as the Patriots slaughtered the Washington Redskins 52-7 and are unbeaten so far at 8-0.

I also went running in MFK on Saturday morning and unfortunately managed to twist my ankle which put me out of action for exercise for most of the past week. Then I managed to catch a cold (probably from hugging and kissing Dave as his daughter had a cold and he was carrying it) which manifested itself on Thursday and put me out for this weekend. Grr...

A video of the stadium during the game.


And a video of a cheerleader for balance. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather fond of the one with long blonde hair were we?......

William Man said...

Well if you take a closer look you'll see that the blonds are all slightly different. For the record there were many long blond haired cheerleaders and I was fond of all of them.