Sunday, April 22, 2007

More extreme weekends.

I went to visit my sister and her family a couple of weeks ago. I hadn’t seen them for almost nine months so it would be good to catch up with them and also my two nieces.

I had a really good weekend playing with my both my nieces, Elise (on the left) and Aimee. As you can see they are both real terrors and spending time with them is much more extreme than sky diving or anything else that I do for fun.

We went out for a cycle ride in a local park. Elise can ride her bike quite well, while Aimee is still learning. She can ride her bike once she gets going but starting off can sometimes be a problem. We also went for a walk in the local woods and threw a frisbee around as well. The really confusing thing was when we played topsy turvey, where everything is backwards and you have to say everything the wrong way around. I was Nam Mailliw, or rather wasn't Nam Mailliw! They were very well behaved all weekend and it was lovely to catch up with my sister and her family.

Something that surprised me the other day was when my new cat Lola came up to me and let me stroke her! She isn’t the friendliest cat in the world and generally isn’t a people person. She’s getting better now and will also come into my house and sleep in the spare room overnight, if not there then she will sleep on top of my car in the garage.

On the whole though if you try to approach her she will run away. When I try to get out a new cat collar that I've bought for her then she will run a mile. I guess some cats just aren't meant to belong to anyone.

No comments: