Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sydney Storms.

They've been having some anti terrorist exercises over Sydney over the past few days. From what we could see this involved a few helicopters hovering over various parts of Sydney and causing accidents in the traffic and people to walk into each other when looking up. Well that and Dick Cheney was visiting too so there was considerable security around as well. The locals weren't too pleased when they closed the harbour bridge to allow him to cross over in his stretch limo.

There were quite a few protests while he was visiting and some fighting in the streets. Even though he was staying in the Shangri-La just a couple of blocks away from my place, I managed to avoid all the clashes between the police and the protesters. I couldn't avoid the night time helicopters though. One night they were hovering outside my apartment when I was trying to get to sleep. I walked downstairs to see what they were up to and their searchlight passed right over me. They must have had quite a shock to see me half dressed looking right up at them from my apartment!

Last weekend I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Art Gallery of NSW again, for a last visit before finishing here. There wasn't much on that interested me in the MCA, but the AGNSW had a very good exhibition on from this years senior art students.

The ideas were really fresh and really reminded me of when I was a student and I went to see some exhibitions from back students then. I was very impressed with some of the work and I felt it was generally much better than the established works in the place. It must have been the first few days of the exhibition as there were quite a few people there and lots of students were around talking about their works.

There was a good storm on a few days ago and I managed to get some good shots from my camera. It has a feature where you can take multiple shots per second, albeit at lower resolutions. These pictures look as if Sydney is being wiped out by a bomb. Here are the shots that I managed to get from my apartment...




No comments: