Saturday, November 11, 2006

Visiting Friends.

My friend Niki visited me in Sydney this week to see how I was getting on and take a long holiday to visit some of her relatives in Australia as well.

She really wanted to do the Harbour Bridge climb so I decided to go along with her, despite the extortionate price of the climb at £100.

To be quite honest I found the bridge climb to be quite mundane and boring. It was very relaxing and quite refreshing to be outside on the bridge but not "The climb of my life" as was advertised by the bridge climb people.

We paid for the sunset climb, but unfortunately the weather started out overcast and then turned quite rainy and windy. The occasional gust of wind did make the walk down a little more exciting though.

I booked a day of work on Wednesday and hired a car to visit the Blue Mountains for the first time finally!

Allen recommended that we visit Euroka Clearing if we wanted to see some wild kangaroos. Sure enough when we got to the clearing there were half a dozen grey roos in a clearing. I even managed to get quite close to one of them to be able to stroke it.

It was quite exciting to be able to stroke a wild kangaroo. The animal didn't appear to mind at all that I was right up to it and stroking it. It did get up afterwards and have a good scratch. Probably getting rid of the fleas that I had passed onto it.

We went to the main places around the Blue Mountains to see the Three Sisters rock formation and also the skyway cable car and train. We wanted to ride the skyway cable car which has a glass bottom across the ravine, but unfortunately it wasn't working for some reason.

Instead we had a short walk around the edge of the mountains. I wanted to do the longer walk into the ravine but Niki wasn't quite up to it really. I'll definitely have to come back to the place to explore some more as it's only about 90 minutes drive from Sydney centre.

No comments: