Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Colds, Gym troubles.

I've not updated the blog for a good week as to be honest I haven't been up to much. Other than the usual working and getting home there's nothing that exciting to report right now.

Managed to pick up a cold too, probably from the flight back from Hong Kong, this hasn't helped me and I spent most of last weekend indoors because of it. Still I'm mostly over it now and even managed to get down to the gym this morning.

The weather here is still very warm, despite it being mid way through the autumn. It's been clear blue skies every day since I've been back from Hong Kong. It even reached 30 degrees today, mind you it's been up to 27 on most other days!

Still having trouble transferring my gym membership to an Australian branch of Fitness First. I was eventually told by the Bristol branch that they have contacted the Sydney branch and I should now be allowed to transfer my membership to Sydney with only a admin fee.

I tried to call the Sydney branch and was told by someone that they would look into my request and call me back. After a week they still hadn't called me back so today when going to the gym I asked them about transferring my membership. One of the blokes behind the counter then said that it would be no problem to transfer my membership from the UK to here! Why wasn't I told this the first time around?!?

So, after filling in a few forms and giving them my credit card details the bloke said that he could contact the Fitness First in Bristol by email to transfer my membership to Sydney. I'm now convinced that I've joined the Fitness First in Sydney and will still be charged from the Bristol branch next month. I'll have to wait and see but I have no faith in them getting this right!

Looking forward to Easter this weekend. What with all the recent events I had totally forgotten that it was Easter so soon and hadn't planned anything at all. Fortunately Allen asked me whether I wanted to go with him and Deirdre and two of her friends to Port Stevens for the long weekend.

According to the guide, Port Stevens basically contains beaches, sand dunes and has plenty of Dolphin and Whale watching if you go at the right time of year. Unfortunately this Easter isn't the right time of year. I think there is also a large Tarantula reserve there, like I'll be visiting that this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, some bad news from back here in the UK, I'm afraid Mike Baldwin has died. It was quite a shock to all of us, I know he's been showig signs of his age and a touch of Alzheimers, but none of us expeccted this. No idea of when the funeral is yet, but I expect it will be at Weatherfield Church... and there'll be a punch up over the will

Anonymous said...

Some good news, though - Kylie is back on the front pages of the tabloids looking fit and well (if with less hair than normal) and has pledged to headline Glastonbury in 2007. So at least the World is still spinning... Don't stuff too many choccy easter eggs, will you - you might need BOTH gym memberships... ;-)